MARTINOS CENTER SUMMER SYMPOSIUM
On behalf of the Women in Science (WiS) and the Martinos Center Summer Internship (MCSI), we would like to invite you all to the first annual Martinos Center Summer Symposium to take place August 13th, 2021, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. The symposium will host two keynote talks, lightning talks, MCSI intern poster presentations and a poster presentation session for all trainees at the Center.
We would like to invite all trainees (RAs / CRCs / undergraduate students / Ph.D. students / postdoctoral fellows) to submit an abstract and a poster. Please feel free to recycle posters submitted to other conferences. Our goal is to hold an annual event that fosters dialogue and provides a platform to present your work to the rest of the Center.
With this symposium, WiS aims to showcase the center’s diverse, cutting-edge research. We encourage researchers who identify as underrepresented in STEM to apply and share their work. We also hope that through this event we can foster a sense of community during this COVID-19 era.
The two keynote speakers will be Pr. Bruce Rosen, Director of the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging at Massachusetts General Hospital and the Laurence Lamson Robbins Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School, and Dr. Susie Huang, a board-certified neuroradiologist and physician-scientist specializing in the development and translation of novel MRI techniques.
- Submit an abstract (up to 500 words) – July 28th, 2021: Form
- Upload your poster – Aug 6th, 2021
- Present your poster – Aug 13th, 2021
- The Registration form to the event will be added soon.
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am: Pr. Bruce Rosen, Martinos Center keynote speaker
- 10:30 am – 11:00 am: Dr. Susie Huang, Women in Science keynote speaker
- 11:05 am – 11:35 am 3 lightning talks
- 11:45 am – 12:15 pm : High school posters
- 12:15 pm – 1:15 pm : Other posters
- 1:45 pm – 2:00 pm : Announce poster winners