MARTINOS CENTER SUMMER SYMPOSIUM 2022
Women in Science is planning to cap off this summer with our 2nd Martinos Center Summer Symposium (MCSS), which will take place on Friday afternoon, September 23rd, IN-PERSON! All members of the Martinos community are invited to attend. If you can’t be there in person, you can attend the hybrid portion of the event using this link.
Through this symposium, we will showcase the Center’s cutting-edge research and continue to foster scientific discussions and highlight the Center’s diversity by providing an opportunity for trainees of all levels (high schoolers, undergraduate students, RAs, RTs, CRCs, graduate students, postdocs, etc.) to present their work.
We have an exciting program planned for this year:
- 3:00-3:30 pm: Keynote by Drs. Julie Price and Bruce Fischl on NIH diversity supplements (hybrid, Rm 1303-A, 1st floor Bldg. 149)
- 3:30-4:00 pm: Power Pitch presentations featuring the Martinos Center Summer Internship students (hybrid, Rm 1303-A, 1st floor Bldg. 149)
- 4:00-5:00 pm: Poster Session featuring Martinos trainees of all levels (in-person, West Lobby, 1st floor Bldg. 149)
- 5:00-5:30 pm: WiS Lightning Talks by Dr. Lucia Isabel Navarro De Lara and Matthew Vera (hybrid, Rm 1303-A, 1st floor Bldg. 149)
- 5:30-5:45 pm: Closing remarks and awards ceremony
Refreshments and drinks will be served throughout the event, and there may be surprises. Be sure to stop by at the event!
Feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.