To stay connected with the WiS community join our Teams group here.
Already happened but you can find links to materials and watch the recordings here
- Thursday, November 10th at 12:00pm: Planning for kids and saving money when they are here! with Piting Burnham, Block Advisor, HRB Tax Group and Eryn Schultz, MBA.
- Friday, December 2nd from 3pm to 5pm: Inclusive Language Across the Research Pipeline – A Women in Science @ Martinos Workshop
Location: Conference Room A, Building 149, Charlestown Navy Yard
Target Audience: All levels
Session Description: Audience members will bring their own documents and analyze the language used, with the goal of improving the inclusivity of their writing and raising awareness of available resources to do so.
- Talk by Helen Hemley, MPA – Program Manager of the CARE Research Center at MGH
- Walk-through guidelines and examples on inclusive language.
- Exercise using samples brought by audience members.
- Open discussion.
Documents that people can bring include:
- Recruitment flyers .
- Twitter posts/advertisements.
- Discussion section of manuscripts and/or conference abstracts.
- Consent and protocol description forms.
- Job adverts.
Organizers: Nikou Damestani, Divya Varadarajan and Adam Kay